Tuesday 8 September 2015

See somebody do and see somebody doing

Unit 66 - I E G - See somebody do and see somebody doing

66.1
1. Did anybody go out?                                  I don’t think so. I didn’t see anybody go out.
2. Has Jill arrived yet?                                  Yes, I think I heard her arrive.
3. How do you know I took the money?    I know because I saw you take it.
4. Did the doorbell ring?                               I’m not sure. I didn’t hear it ring.
5. Can Tom play the piano?                          I’ve never heard him play the piano.
6. Did I lock the door when I went out?    Yes, you did. I saw you lock it.
7. How did the woman fall in the river?    I don’t know. I didn’t see her fall.

66.2
1. We saw Ann waiting for the bus.
2. We saw Dave and Helen playing tennis.
3. We saw Clare having a meal in a restaurant.
4. We heard Bill playing the guitar.
5. We could smell the dinner burning.
6. We saw Linda jogging.

66.3
1. Listen to the birds singing.
2. I didn’t hear you come in.
3. Did anybody see the accident happen?
4. We listened to the old man tell his story from beginning to end.
5. Listen! Can you hear a baby crying?
6. I looked out of the window and saw Tim on his bike cycling along the road.
7. ‘Why did you turn around suddenly?’ ‘I thought I heard somebody say my name.
8. We watched the two men run across the garden, open a window and climb through it into the house.
9. Everybody heard the bomb explode. It was a tremendous noise.
10. Oh! I can feel something crawling up my leg! It must be an insect.
11. I heard somebody slam the door in the middle of the night. It woke me up.
12. When we got home, we found out cat sleeping on the kitchen table.
 
  
Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation


One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."

No comments:

Post a Comment