Sunday 20 March 2016

In / at / on (place) (3)

Unit 124 - I E G - In / at / on (place) (3)

 124.1
1. You can hire a car at the airport.
2. Dave is on a train.
3. Tessa is at a conference.
4. Martin is in hospital.
5. Judy is at the hairdresser's.
6. I saw Mary on her bicycle.
7. We spent a few days in New York.
8. We saw a play at the National Theatre.

124.2
1. My train arrives at 11.30. Can you meet me at the station?
2. I didn't feel very well when I woke up, so I stayed in bed.
3. I think I'd like to see a film. What's at the cinema this week?
4. Some people are in prison for crimes they did not commit.
5. 'What does your sister do? Has she got a job?' 'No, she's still at school.'
6. I play basketball at the Sports Centre on Friday evenings.
7. A friend of mine was injured in an accident a few days ago. She's still in hospital.
8. Our flight was delayed. We had to wait at the airport for four hours.
9. I enjoyed the flight but the food on the plane wasn't very nice.
10. Bill works on ships. He is away at sea most of the time.

1124.3
1. I didn't see you at the party on Saturday. Where were you?
2. It was a very slow train. It stopped at every station.
3. I don't know where my umbrella is. Perhaps I left it on the bus.
4. Shall we travel in your car or mine?
5. The exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art finished on Friday.
6. We stayed at a very nice hotel when we were in Amsterdam.
7. There were 50 rooms in the hotel.
8. Tom is ill. He wasn't at work today. He was at home in bed.
9. I wasn't in when you phoned. I was at my sister's house.
10. It's always too hot in my sister's house. The heating is always on too high.
11. I haven't seen Kate for sometime. I last saw her at Dave's wedding.
12. Paul lives in London. He's a student at London University.
 

 

Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development Coaching for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
facebook.com/bryanthankappan
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation


One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."






 

No comments:

Post a Comment