Thursday 25 June 2015

Expressions + -ing

Unit 62 - I E G - Expressions + -ing

62.1
1. Shall we get a taxi home?   
No, it isn’t far. It’s not worth getting a taxi.
2. If you need help, why don’t you ask Tom?   
It’s no use asking Tom. He won’t be able to help us.
3. I don’t really want to go out tonight.
Well, stay at home! There’s no point going out if you don’t want to.
4. Shall I phone Ann now?
No, it’s no good phoning Ann. She won’t be at home.
5. Are you going to complain about what happened?
No, it’s not worth complaining. Nobody will do anything about it.
6. Do you ever read newspapers?
No. I think it’s a waste reading newspapers.

62.2
1. The film isn’t very good. It’s not worth seeing.
2. It would cost too much to repair this watch. It’s not worth repairing.
3. If you have time, you should go to the museum. It’s worth visiting.
4. It’s quite an interesting suggestion. It’s worth considering.
5. There’s an interesting article in the newspaper today. It’s worth reading.
6. We can throw these old clothes away. They aren’t worth keeping.

62.3
1. Why have a car if you never use it?
There’s no point in having a car if you never use it.
2. Don’t eat if you’re not hungry.
There’s no point in eating if you’re not hungry.
3. Why work if you don’t need the money?
There’s no point in working if you don’t need the money.
4. Don’t study if you feel tired.
There’s no point in studying if you are feeling tired.

62.4
1. I managed to get a visa but it was difficult.    
I had difficulty getting a visa.
2. I can’t remember people’s names.   
I have difficulty remembering people’s names.
3. Lucy (loo - see)* managed to get a job without difficulty.
She had no difficulty getting a job.
4. Do you find it difficult to understand him?
Do you have any difficulty understanding him?
5. It won’t be difficult to get a ticket for the concert.
You won’t have any difficulty getting a ticket for the concert.
*pronunciation

62.5
1. It’s a waste of money buying things you don’t need.
2. Every morning, I spend about an hour reading the newspaper.
3. ‘What’s Carol doing?’ “She’s busy writing letters.’
4. I think you waste too much time watching television.
5. There’s a beautiful view from that hill. It is worth going to the top.

62.6
1. Barry lives by the sea and he’s got a boat, so he often goes sailing.
2. There’s plenty of snow in the mountains so we’ll be able to go skiing.
3. It was a very hot day, so we went swimming.
4. Margaret has got two horses. She often goes riding.
5. The shops are shut now. It’s too late to go shopping.
















Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development
for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation


One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."
 

3 comments:

  1. i have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lIot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Onokun helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. agaba and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. agaba telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. agaba (dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address (dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or whatsApp him +2349074536486

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big thanks to Dr. Iyabiye who treated/cure my brother of chronic HEPATITIS B and Liver Cirrhosis. My brother was diagnosed of the disease last year and will try several antiviral medications but they were all to no avail. At a point my brother developed swollen stomach and loss of appetite, I went online out of frustration for a new medication and I came across this doctor’s recommendation. I reached out to him and my brother was cured after the completion of the medicine and tested negative at the hospital. Dr. iyabiye’s contact: +234-815-857-7300 and email: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete