Thursday 18 June 2015

Preposition (in / for / about etc.) + ing

Unit 59 - Preposition (in / for / about etc.) + ing    Intermediate English Grammar

59.1
1. (Why is it useful to have a car?)        
What are the advantages of having a car?
2. (I don’t intend to lend you any money.)    
I have no intention of lending you any money.
3. (Helen has a good memory for names.)       
Helen is good at remembering names.
4. (Mark won’t pass the exam. He has no chance.)   
Mark has no chance of passing the exam.
5. (Did you get into trouble because you were late.)   
Did you get into trouble for being late.
6. (We didn’t eat at home. We went to a restaurant instead.)    
Instead of eating at home we went to a restaurant.
7. (Tom thinks that working is better than doing nothing.)    
Tom prefers working to doing nothing.
8. (They got married. They didn’t tell any of their friends.)    
They got married without telling any of their friends.
9. (Our team played well but we lost the game.)
Our team lost the game in spite of playing well.

59.2
1. The burglars got into the house by breaking a window.
2. I was able to reach the top shelf by standing on a chair.
3. You start the engine of a car by turning a key.
4. Kevin got himself into financial difficulty by borrowing too much money.
5. You can put people’s lives in danger by driving too fast.
6. We made the room look nicer by putting some pictures up on the wall.

59.3
1. I ran ten kilometers without stopping.
2. He left the  hotel without paying the bill.
3. It’s a nice morning. How about going for a walk.
4. I was surprised  that she left without saying goodbye to anyone.
5. Before going to bed, I like to have a hot drink.
6. We were able to translate the letter into English without using a dictionary.
7. It was a very long journey. I was very tired after traveling on a train for 36 hours.
8. I was annoyed because the decision was made without anybody asking me.
9. After doing the same job for ten years, I felt I needed a change.

59.4
1. You are going on a holiday next week. How do you feel about this?
I’m looking forward to going on a holiday.
2. Diana is a good friend of yours and she is coming to visit you soon. So you will see her again soon. How do you feel about this. I’m looking forward to seeing Diane again.
3. You are going to the dentist tomorrow. You don’t like visits to the dentist. How do you feel about this? I’m not looking forward to the visit to the dentist.
4. Carol is a student at school. She hates it but she is leaving school next summer. How does she feel about this? She is looking forward to leaving school next year.
5. You’ve arranged to play tennis tomorrow. You like tennis. How do you feel about this?
I’m looking forward to playing tennis tomorrow.






Spoken English (Grammar) Coaching
Phone: 92232 03441 / 77100 27662
The Common Sense School



 

4 comments:

  1. i have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lIot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Onokun helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having Herpes Simplex Virus then i came across a review of people saying that they got treated from Herpes Simplex Virus by Dr VOODOO., So i gave a try by contacting him through his email and explain my problem to him. He send natural medicine herbs to me and told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take the medicine, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken by any deadly diseases like HERPES HIV, shingles,low sperm count or bringing back your ex lover, this great man is extremely the best in which I have seen if you also need a help, you can also email him at voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

      Delete
  2. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr voodoo cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr voodoo the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348140120719 or email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr voodoo that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WHATSAPP +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breathe much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete