Wednesday 24 June 2015

ing or to to . . . (1) (remember / regret etc.)

Unit 55 - I E G - ing or to to . . .  (1) (remember / regret etc.)

55.1
1. They denied stealing the money.
2. I don’t enjoy driving very much.
3. I don’t want to go out tonight.
4. I can’t afford going out tonight. I haven’t got enough money.
5. Has it stopped raining yet?
6. Can you remind me to buy some coffee when we go out?
7. Why do you keep asking me questions? Can’t you leave me alone?
8. Please stop asking me questions!
9. I refuse to answer any more questions.
10. One of the boys admitted breaking the windows.
11. The boy’s father promised to pay for the window to be repaired.
12. Ann was having dinner when the phone rang. She didn’t answer the phone; she just carried on eating.
13. ‘How did the thief get into the house?’ ‘I forgot to shut the window.’
14. I’ve enjoyed meeting you. I hope to see you again.
15. The baby began crying in the middle of the night.
16. Julia has been ill but now she’s beginning to get better.

55.2
1. He was in hospital when he was four.
He can’t remember being in hospital when he was four.
2. He went to Paris when he was eight.
He can remember going to Paris when he was eight.
3. Once he fell into a river.                           He can’t remember falling into a river.
4. He cried on the first day of school.        He can remember crying on the first day of school.
5. He said he wanted to be a doctor.
He can’t remember saying he wanted to be a doctor.
6. Once he was bitten by a dog.                  He can’t remember being bitten by a dog.

55.3
1 a.     Please remember to lock the door when you go out.
1 b. A:     You lent me some money a few months ago.
1 b. B:     Did I? Are you sure? I don’t remember lending you any money.
1 c. A:     Did you remember to phone your sister?
1 c. B:     Oh no, I completely forgot, I’ll phone her tomorrow.
1 d.     When you see Mandy, remember to give her my regards, won’t you?
1 e.     Someone must have taken my bag. I clearly remember keeping it by the window and now it has gone.
2 a.     I believe that what I said was fair. I don’t regret saying it.
2 b.     (after a driving test) I regret to tell you that you have failed the test.
3 a.     Keith joined the company 15 years ago. He was quickly promoted and became assistant manager after two years. A few years later he went on to become manager of the company.
3 b.     I can’t go on working here anymore. I want a different job.
3 c.     When I came into the room, Liz was reading a newspaper. She looked up and said hello to me, and then went on reading her newspaper.









Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development
for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation


One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. agaba and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. agaba telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. agaba (dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address (dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or whatsApp him +2349074536486

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breathe much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day,

    I want to invest in any business in good faith. I have equity capital for profitable investment. If you have any business proposal or project plans for review, Kindly respond to me via email kellybaldwin@zohomail.com so that we can discuss further.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete