Friday 12 June 2015

If I do. . . and If I did . . . - sentences


Unit 37 - If I do . . . and If I did . . .



37.1
  1. They would be rather offended if I didn’t go to see them.
  2. If you took more exercise, you would feel better.
  3. If I was offered the job, I think I would take it.
  4. I’m sure Amy will lend you the money. I’d be very surprised if she refused.
  5. If I sold my car, I would not get much money for it.
  6. A lot of people would be out of work if the factory closed down.
  7. What would happen if I pressed that red button.
  8. Liz gave me this ring. She would be very upset if I lost it.
  9. Mark and Carol are expecting us. They would be disappointed we we didn’t come.
  10. Would Tim mind if I borrowed his bicycle without asking him?
  11. If somebody walked in here with a gun, I’d be very frightened.
  12. I’m sure Sue would understand if you explained the situation to her.


37.2
  1. What would you do if you won a lot of money?
  2. What would you do if your car was stolen?
  3. What would you do if you lost your passport?
  4. What would you do if there was a fire in the building?


37.3
1. A: Shall we catch the 10.30 train?
1. B: If we caught the 10.30 train, we would arrive too early?
2. A: Is Ken going to take the examination?
2. B: No. If he took the examination he would fail.
3. A: Why don’t we stay at a hotel?
3. B: If we stayed at a hotel it would cost too much money.
4. A: Is Sally going to apply for the job?
4. B: No. If she applied for the job she would not get it.
5. A: Let’s tell them the truth.
5. B: No. If we told them the truth, they would not believe us.
6. A: Why don’t we invite Bill to the party?
6. B: No. If we invited Bill to the party, we would have to invite his friends too.


37.4
  1. If you took more exercise, you would feel better.
  2. I’d be very angry if you didn’t arrive on time.
  3. If I didn’t go to work tomorrow, I would get up late in the morning.
  4. Would you go to the party if you were not invited?
  5. If you bought some new clothes, you would be able to give the old ones away.
  6. Would you mind if I borrowed your umbrella?













 
Phone: 92232 03441 / 77100 27662
The Common Sense School

3 comments:

  1. i have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lIot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Onokun helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. agaba and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. agaba telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. agaba (dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address (dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or whatsApp him +2349074536486

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breathe much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete