Friday 16 October 2015

All / all of most / most of no / none of

Unit 87 - I E G  - All / all of    most / most of        no / none of

87.1
1. All cars have wheels.                                          2. None of this money is mine.
3. Some people get angry very easily.
4. Some of the people I met at the party were very interesting.
5. I have lived in London most of my life.        6. Many people watch too much TV.
7. Are any of those letters for me?                     8. Most days I get up before 7 o’clock.
9. Jim thinks that all museums are boring.

87.2
1. I haven’t read many of these books.
2. All cars have wheels.
3. I spent most of my spare time gardening.
4. It’s a historic town. Many of the houses are over 400 years old.
5. Many accidents are caused by bad driving.
6. When she got married, she kept it a secret. She didn’t tell any of her friends.
7. Not many people live in the north of the country. Most of the population live in the south.
8. Not all birds can  fly. For example, the penguin can’t fly.
9. None of the people I invited to the party could come, so I cancelled it.
10. Julia and I have very different ideas. I don’t agree with many of her opinions.
11. Sarah travels a lot. She has been to most European countries.
12. I had no appetite. I could eat only half of my dinner.

87.3
1. I wasn’t well yesterday. I spent most of the day in bed.
2. Some cars can go faster than others.
3. Many people drive too fast.
4. Some of the photographs you took on holiday were very good.
5. Some people learn more quickly than others.
6. We’ve eaten most of the food we bought. There’s very little left.
7. Have you spent all the money you borrowed?
8. Peter can’t stop talking. He talks all the time.
9. We had a lazy holiday. We spent most of the time on the beach.
10. George is very easy to get on with. Most people like him.
11. The exam was very difficult. I could answer half (of) the questions.

87.4
1. These books are all Jane’s. None of them belong to me.
2. ‘How many of these books have you read?’ ‘All. Everyone.’
3. We all got wet in the rain because none of us had an umbrella.
4. Some of this money is yours and some of it is mine.
5. I asked some people for directions but  none of them were able to help me.
6. She made up the whole story from beginning to end. None of it was true.
7. Not all tourists in the group were Spanish. Some of them were French.
8. I watched most of the film but not all of it.
 
       
Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation

 
One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."

 
 
 
Next English Speaking batch commences on  
December 1, 2015 to December 20, 2015
for 20 days x 1.5 hours per day including Sundays
All course materials will be provided
Students, professionals and individuals who want to improve their English Language skills can join
The course will be held at Don Bosco School, Borivali (W), Mumbai


No comments:

Post a Comment