Wednesday 21 October 2015

All, every and whole

Unit 89 - I E G - All, every and whole
89.1

1. It was a good party. Everybody enjoyed it.          2. All I’ve eaten today is a sandwich.
3. Everybody has got their faults. Nobody is perfect.
4. Nothing has changed. Everything  is the same as it was.
5. Margaret told me everything about her new job. It sounds quite interesting.
6. Can everyone write their names on a piece of paper?
7. Why are you always thinking about money? Money isn’t everything.
8. I didn’t have much money with me. All I had was ten pounds.
9. When the fire alarm rang,  everyone left the building immediately.
10. She didn’t say where she was going. All she said was that she was going away.
11. We have completely different opinions. I disagree with everything she says.
12. We all did well in the examination. Everybody in our class passed.
13. We all did well in the examination. All of us passed.
14. Why are you so lazy? Why do you expect me to do everything for you?

89.2
1. I read the book from beginning to end.                    I read the whole book.
2. Everyone in the team played well.                            The whole team played well.
3. Paul opened a box of chocolates. When he finished eating, there were no chocolates left in the box.                                                                                               He ate the whole box.
4. The police came to the house. They were looking for something. The searched everywhere, every room.                                                                                   They searched the whole house.
5. Ann worked from early morning until late in the evening.    
Ann worked the whole day.
6. Everyone is Dave and Judy’s family plays tennis. Dave and Judy play, and so do all their children.                                                                              The whole family plays tennis.
7. Jack and Jill went on holiday to the seaside for a week. It rained from the beginning of the week to the end.                                                                                It rained the whole week.
8. (5) Ann worked all day.
9. (7) It rained all week.

89.3
1. The bus service is very good. There’s a bus every ten minutes.
2. Tom is ill. He has some medicine. He has to take it every four hours.
3. The Olympic Games take place every four years.
4. We live near a busy airport. A plane flies over our house every five minutes.
5. It’s a good idea to have a check-up with the dentist every six months.

89.4
1. I’ve spent all the money you gave me.
2. Sue works every day except Sunday.
3. I’m tired. I’ve been working hard all day.
4. It was a terrible fire. The whole building was destroyed.
5. I’ve been trying to phone her all day but  every time I phone her the line is engaged.
6. I don’t like the weather here. It rains all the time.
7. When I was on holiday, all my luggage was stolen.
 




    



Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation


One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."



Next English Speaking batch commences on  
December 1, 2015 to December 20, 2015
for 20 days x 1.5 hours per day including Sundays
from 7.00 pm to 8.30 pm
All course materials will be provided
Students, professionals and individuals, who want to improve their English Language skills can join
The course will be held at Don Bosco School, Borivali (W), Mumbai

 

No comments:

Post a Comment