Thursday 8 October 2015

No / none / any

Unit 85 - I E G - No / none / any

85.1
1. What did you do?                                     Nothing.
2. Who were you talking to?                      Nobody.
3. Where are you going?                             Nowhere.
4. How much luggage have you got?        None.
5. How many children have they got?      None.
6. Who did you meet?                                  Nobody.
7. What did you buy?                                   Nothing.


8. What did you do?                                     I didn’t do anything.
9. Who were you talking to?                       I wasn’t talking to anyone.
10. Where are you going?                            I’m not going anywhere.
11. How much luggage have you got?       I haven’t got anything.
12. How many children have they got?    They haven’t got any children.
13. Who did you meet?                                I didn’t meet anybody.
14. What did you buy?                                 I didn’t buy anything.

85.2
1. It was a public holiday, so there were no shops open.
2. I haven’t got any money. Can you lend me some?
3. I couldn’t make an omelette because there were no eggs.
4. I couldn’t make an omelette because there weren’t any eggs.
5. ‘How many eggs have we got?’ ‘None. I’ll go any buy some from the shop if you like.
6. We took a few photographs but none of them were very good.
7. What a stupid thing to do! No intelligent person would do such a thing.
8. I’ll try and answer any questions you ask me.
9. I couldn’t answer any of the questions they asked me.
10. We cancelled the party because none of the people we invited were able to come.

85.3
1. I don’t want anything to drink. I’m not thirsty.
2. The bus was completely empty. There was nobody on it.
3. ‘Where did you go for your holidays?’ ‘Nowhere. I stayed at home.
4. I went to the shops but I didn’t buy anything.
5. ‘What did you buy?’ ‘Nothing. I couldn’t find anything I wanted.’
6. The town was still the same when I returned years later. Nothing had changed.
7. Have you seen my watch? I’ve looked all over the house but I can’t find it anywhere.
8. There was complete silence in the room. Nobody said anything.

85.4
1. She didn’t tell anybody about her plans.
2. The accident looked serious but fortunately nobody was injured.
3. I looked out of the window but I couldn’t see anybody.
4. My job is very easy. Anybody could do it.
5. ‘What’s in that box?’ ‘Nothing. It’s empty.
6. The situation is uncertain. Anything could happen.
7. I don’t know anything about economics.




       


Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation


One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment