Friday 18 December 2015

Comparison (2)

Unit 105 - I E G - Comparison (2)

105.1
1. Her illness was much more serious than we thought at first.
2. This bag is too small. I need something much bigger.
3. I’m afraid the problem is much more complicated than it seems.
4. You looked depressed this morning but you look a bit happier now.
5. I enjoyed our visit to the museum. It was far more interesting than I expected.
6. You’re driving too fast. Could you drive a bit more slowly?
7. It’s a lot easier to learn a foreign language in the country where it is spoken.
8. I thought she was younger than me but in fact she’s slightly older.

105.2
1. I’m fed up with waiting. I’m not waiting any longer.
2. I’m sorry I’m a bit late but I couldn’t get here any earlier.
3. This shop isn’t expensive. The prices are no more expensive than anywhere else.
4. I must stop for a rest. I can’t walk any further.
5. The traffic isn’t particularly bad today. It’s no worse than usual.

105.3
1. It’s becoming harder and harder to find a job.
2. That hole in your pullover is getting bigger and bigger.
3. My bags seemed to get heavier and heavier as I carried them.
4. As I waited for my interview, I became more and more nervous.
5. As the day went on, the weather for more and more worse.
6. Traveling is becoming more and more expensive.
7. Since she has been in Britain, her English has got better and better.
8. As the conversation went on, he became more and more talkative.

105.4
1. I like warm weather. The warmer the weather, the better I feel.
2. I didn’t really like him when we first met.
But the more I got to know him, the more I liked him.
3. If you’re in business, you want to make a profit.
    The more goods you sell, the higher your profit will be.
4. It’s hard to concentrate when you’re tired.
    The more tired you are, the harder it is to concentrate.
5. She had to wait a very long time.
    The longer she waited, the more impatient she became.

105.5
1. My older / elder brother is a pilot. (older and elder are both correct)
2. I’m surprised Diana is only 25. I thought she was older.
3. Ann’s younger sister is still at school. Her elder sister is a nurse.
4. Martin is older than his brother.
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment