Wednesday 2 December 2015

So and such

Unit 101 - I E G - So and such

101.1
1. He’s difficult to understand because he speaks so quickly.
2. I like Tom and Ann. They’re such nice people.
3. It was a great holiday. We had such a good time.
4. I was surprised that he looked so well after his recent illness.
5. Everything is so expensive these days, isn’t it?
6. The weather is lovely, isn’t it? I didn’t expect it to be such a nice day.
7. I have to go. I didn’t realize it was so late.
8. He always looks good. He wears such nice clothes.
9. It was such a boring film that I fell asleep while I was watching.
10. I couldn’t believe the news. It was such a shock.
11. I think she works too hard. She looks so tired all the time.
12. The food at the hotel was so awful. I’ve never eaten such awful food.
13. They’ve got  so much money, they don’t know what to do with it.
14. I didn’t realize you lived such a long way from the city centre.
15. I can’t decide what to do. It’s such a problem.

101.2
1. She worked so hard she made herself ill.
2. It was such a beautiful day we decided to go to the beach.
3. I was so tired I couldn’t keep my eyes open.
4. We had such a good time on holiday we didn’t want to come home.
5. She speaks English so well you would think it was her native language.
6. I’ve got such a lot of things to do I don’t know where to begin.
7. The music was so loud you could hear it from miles away.
8. I had such a big breakfast I didn’t eat anything else for the rest of the day.
9. It was such horrible weather we spent the whole day indoors.

101.3
1. a. We enjoyed our holiday. It was so relaxing.
1. b. We enjoyed our holiday. We had such a good time.
2. a. I don’t like London very much. It’s so crowded.
2. b. I don’t like London very much. It’s such a crowded city.
3. a. I like Ann. She’s so helpful.
3. b. I like Ann. She’s such a nice person.
4. a. I wouldn’t like to be a teacher. It’s so difficult.
4. b. I wouldn’t like to be a teacher. It’s such a difficult job.
5. a.  It’s great to see you again! I haven’t seen you for so many days.
5. b. It’s great to see you again! I haven’t seen you for such a long time.


     
Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation


One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment