Sunday 27 December 2015

Comparison (3) as. . . as / than

Unit 106 - I E G - Comparison (3) as. . . as / than

106.1
1. I’m quite tall but you are taller. I’m not as tall as you.
2. My salary is high but yours is higher. My salary isn’t as high as yours.
3. You know a bit about cars but I know more. You don’t know as much about cars as I do.
4. it’s still cold but it was colder yesterday. It isn’t as cold today as it was yesterday.
5. I still feel a bit tired but I felt a lot more tired yesterday.
I don’t feel as tired today as I felt yesterday.
6. They’ve lived here for quite a long time but we’ve lived here longer.
        They haven’t lived here as long as us.
7. I was a bit nervous before the interview but usually but I’m a lot more nervous.
        I wasn’t as nervous before the interview as I usually am.

106.2
1. Jack is younger than he looks.         Jack isn’t as old as he looks.
2. I didn’t spend as much money as you.    You spent more money than me.
3. The station was nearer than I thought.    The station wasn’t as far as I thought.
4. The meal didn’t cost as much as I expected.     The meal was cheaper than I expected.
5. I go out less than I used to.         I don’t go out as often as I used to.
6. Her hair isn’t as long as it used to be.    She used to have longer hair.
7. I know them better than you do.         You don’t know them as well as I do.
8. There were fewer people at this meeting than the last one.
        There weren’t as many people at this meeting as at the last one.

106.3
1. I’m sorry I’m a bit late. I got here as fast as I could.
2. It was a difficult question. I answered it as well as I could.
3. ‘How long can I stay with you?’ ‘You can stay as long as you like.
4. I need the information quickly, so please let me know as soon as possible.
5. I like to keep fit, so I go swimming as often as I can.
6. I didn’t want to wake anybody, so I came in as quietly as I could.
7. I’m going to sleep on the floor. It’s just as comfortable as sleeping in that hard bed.
8. Why did he get the job rather than me? I’m just as well-qualified as him.
9. At first I thought you were nice but really you’re just as bad as everybody else.

106.4
1. Sally and Kate are both 22 years old.         Sally is the same age as Kate.
2. You and I both have dark brown hair.        Your hair is the same color as mine.
3. I arrived at 10.25 and so did you.            I arrived at the same time as you did.
4. My birthday is 5 April. Tom’s birthday is 5 April too.
My birthday is on the same day as Tom’s.

106.5
1. I can’t reach as high as you. You are taller than me.
2. He doesn’t know much. I know more than him.
3. I don’t work particularly hard. Most people work as hard as me.
4. We were very surprised. Nobody was more surprised than us.
5. She’s not a very good player. I’m a better player than her.
6. They’ve been very lucky. I wish we were as lucky as them.



 


Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development coaching for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation

 

No comments:

Post a Comment