Thursday 14 April 2016

Adjective + preposition (1)

Unit 129 - I E G - Adjective + preposition (1)

129.1
1. I went out in the cold without a coat.        That was silly of you.
2. Sue offered to drive me to the airport.        That was nice of her.
3. I needed money and Ian gave me some.        That was generous of him.
4. They didn’t invite us to their party.        That wasn’t very nice of them.
5. Can I help you with your luggage?            That is very kind of you.
6. Kevin didn’t thank me for the present.        That wasn’t very polite of him.
7. They’ve had an argument and now they refuse to speak to each other.
                            That’s a bit childish of them.

129.2
1. We’re all excited about going on holiday next week.
2. Thank you for all your help. You’ve been very kind to me.
3. I wouldn’t like to be in her position. I feel sorry for her.
4. What have I done wrong? Why are you annoyed with me?
5. Why do you always get so annoyed about little things?
6. I wasn’t very impressed by the service in the restaurant. We had to wait ages before our food arrived.
7. John isn’t happy at college. He says he’s bored with the course he’s doing.
8. I had never seen so many people before. I was astonished by the crowds.

129.3
1. I was delighted with the present you gave me.
2. It was very nice of you to do my shopping for me. Thank you very much.
3. Why are you always so rude to your parents? Can’t you be nice to them?
4. It was a bit careless of you to leave your door unlocked when you went out?
5. They didn’t reply to our letter, which wasn’t very polite of them.
6. We always have the same food everyday. I’m fed up with it.
7. I can’t understand people who are cruel to animals.
8. We enjoyed our holiday, but we were a bit disappointed with the  hotel.
9. I was surprised by the way he behaved. It was completely out of character.
10. I’ve been trying to learn Spanish but I’m not very satisfied with my progress.
11. Linda doesn’t look very well. I’m worried about her.
12. Are you angry about what happened?
13. I’m sorry for what I said. I hope you are not angry with me.
14. The people next door are furious with us for making so much noise last night.
15. Jill starts her new job next week. She’s quite excited about it.
16. I’m sorry about the smell of paint in this room. I’ve just redecorated it.
17. I was shocked at what I saw. I’d never seen anything like it before.
18. The man we interviewed for the job was intelligent but weren’t very impressed by his appearance.
19. Are you still upset with what I said to you yesterday?
20. He said he was sorry about the situation but there was nothing he could do.
21. I felt sorry for the children when we went on holiday. It rained every day and they had to spend most of their time indoors.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment