Tuesday 19 April 2016

Adjective + preposition (2)

Unit 130 - I E G - Adjective + preposition (2)

130.1
1. There were lots of tourists in the city centre. The city centre was crowded with tourists.
2. There was a lot of furniture in the room. The room was full of furniture.
3. I don’t like sport very much.     I’m not very keen on sport.
4. We haven’t got enough time.    We’re a bit short of time.
5. I’m not a very good tennis player.    I’m not very good at tennis.
6. Catherine’s husband is Russian.    Catherine is married to a Russian.
7. I don’t trust Robert.            I’m suspicious of Robert.
8. My problem is not the same as yours.    My problem is different from yours.

130.2
1. I think she’s arriving this evening but I’m not sure of that.
2. Your camera is similar to mine but it isn’t exactly the same.
3. Don’t worry. I’ll look after you. There is nothing to be afraid of.
4. ‘Do you want to watch the news on television?’ ‘No, I’m not interested in the news.’
5. The editor is the person who is responsible for what appears in the newspaper.
6. Mrs.Davis is a very keen gardener. She’s very proud of her garden and loves showing it to visitors.
7. I was surprised when I met her for the first time. She was different from what I expected.

130.3
1. The letter I wrote was full of mistakes.
2. My home town is not especially interesting. It’s not famous for anything.
3. Kate is very fond of her younger brother.
4. I don’t like going up ladders. I’m afraid of heights.
5. You look bored. You don’t seem interested in what I’m saying.
6. Did you know that Liz is engaged to a friend of mine?
7. I’m not ashamed for what I did. In fact I’m quite proud of it.
8. I suggested we should all go out for a meal but nobody else was keen on the idea.
9. These days everybody is aware of the dangers of smoking.
10. The station platform was crowded with people waiting for the train.
11. She’s much more successful than I am. Sometimes I feel a bit jealous of her.
12. I’m tired of doing the same thing every day. I need a change.
13. Do you know anyone who might be interested in buying an old car?
14. We’ve got plenty to eat. The fridge is full of food.
15. She is a very honest person. I don’t think she’s capable of telling a lie.
16. I’m not surprised she changed her mind at the last moment. That’s typical of her.
17. Out house is similar to yours. Perhaps yours is a bit larger.
18. John has no money of his own. He’s totally dependent on his parents.

130.4
1. I’m not very good at repairing things.
2. I’m brilliant at telling jokes.
3. I’m quite good at mathematics.
4. I’m very good at remembering names.


 
Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development Coaching for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
facebook.com/bryanthankappan
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation
One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."


IMG_2141.JPG



1 comment:

  1. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete