Monday 25 April 2016

Verb + preposition (1) at and to

Unit 131 - I E G - Verb + preposition (1) at and to

131.1
1. I look stupid with this hair cut. Everybody will laugh at me.
2. I don’t understand what this means. Can you explain it to me.
3. I glanced at my watch to see what the time was.
4. We’ve been invited to the party but unfortunately we can’t go.
5. Please listen to me! I’ve got something important to tell you.
6. Don’t throw stones at the birds! It’s cruel.
7. If you don’t want to eat that sandwich, throw it to the birds. They’ll eat it.
8. Sally and Kevin had an argument and now they’re not speaking to one another.
9. I wrote to Joanna last week but she hasn’t replied to my letter yet.
10. Be careful with those scissors! Don’t point them at me.

131.2
1. They only invited a few people to their wedding.
2. Look at these flowers. Aren’t they pretty?
3. Please don’t shout at me! Be nice to me!
4. I saw Sue as I was cycling along the road. I shouted to her but she didn’t hear me.
5. Don’t listen to what he says. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
6. Can I speak to you for a moment? There’s something I want to ask you.
7. Do you think I could have a look at your newspaper, please?
8. I’m a bit lonely. I need somebody to talk to.
9. She was so angry she threw a chair at me.
10. The woman sitting opposite me on the train kept staring at me.

131.3
1. (I don’t understand this word.)         Can you explain this word to me?
2. (I don’t understand what you mean.)    Can you explain to me what you mean?
3. (I don’t understand this question.)        Can you explain this question to me?
4. (I don’t understand the system.)        Can you explain the system to me?
5. (don’t understand how this machine works.)    Can you explain to me how this machine works?
6. I don’t understand what your problem is.)       Can you explain to me what your problem is?

131.4
1. I know who she is but have never spoken to her.
2. George won’t be able to help you, so there is no point in asking him.
3. I like to listen to the radio while I’m having breakfast.
4. We’d better phone the restaurant to reserve a table.
5. I apologized to Bridget for the misunderstanding.
6. Don’t forget to write to me while you’re away.
7. I thanked everybody for all the help they had given me.
8. I explained to everybody what they had to do.
9. Mike described to me how the accident happened.
10. I’d like to ask you some questions.



 
Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development Coaching for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
facebook.com/bryanthankappan
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation

One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."



IMG_2141.JPG



1 comment:

  1. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete