Monday 30 November 2015

Adjectives and Adverbs (2) (well / fast / late, hard / hardly)

Adjectives and Adverbs (2) (well / fast / late, hard / hardly)
 
100.1
1. I play tennis but I’m not very good.
2. Your exam results were very good.
3. You did very well in your exams.
4. The weather was very good when we were on holiday.
5. I didn’t sleep very well last night.
6. How are you? Are you well?
7. George speaks German very well.
8. George’s German is very good.
9. Our business is going very well at the moment.
10. I like your new jacket. It looks good on you.
11. I’ve met her a few times, but I don’t know her very well.

100.2
1. The children were very good. They were well-behaved.
2. I’m surprised you haven’t heard of her. She is quite well-known.
2. Our neighbours’ garden is neat and tidy. It is very well-kept.
4. You should eat different types of food. Your diet should be well-balanced.
5. Ann knows a lot about many things. She is quite well-informed.
6. His clothes are always smart. He is always well-dressed.
7. Jill has a lot of responsibility in her job but she isn’t well-paid.
8. Congratulations on passing your examinations. Well-done.

100.3
1. I’m tired because I’ve been working hard.
2. I tried hard to remember her name but I couldn’t.
3. This coat is practically unused. I’ve hardly worn it.
4. She’s a good tennis player. She hits the ball hard.
5. Don’t walk so fast. I can’t keep up with you.
6. Why are you walking so slowly? Are you tired?

100.4
1. George and Hilda have met only once before. They hardly know each other.
2. You’re speaking very quietly. I can hardly hear you.
3.I’m very tired this morning. I hardly-slept last night.
4. We were shocked when we heard the news, we could hardly speak.
5. Kate was very quiet this evening. She hardly said a word.
6. You look the same now as you looked 15 years ago. You’ve hardly changed.
7. I met Keith a few days ago. I hadn’t seen him for a long time and he looks very different now. I hardly recognized him.

100.5
1. I’ll have to go shopping. We’ve got hardly any food.
2. It was a very warm day and there was hardly any wind.
3. ‘Do you know much about computers? ‘No, hardly anything.’
4. The hotel was almost empty. There was hardly anyone staying there.
5. I listen to the radio quite often but I hardly ever watch television.
6. Our new boss is not very popular. Hardly anybody likes her.
7. It was very crowded in the room.  There was hardly anywhere to sit down.
8. We used to be good friends but we hardly ever see each other now.
9. It was nice driving this morning. There was hardly any traffic.
10. I hate this town. There’s hardly anything to do and hardly anywhere to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment