Thursday 19 November 2015

Adjectives ending in -ing and -ed (boring and bored)

Unit 97 - I E G - Adjectives ending in -ing and -ed (boring and bored)

97.1
1. The film wasn’t as good as we had expected. (disappoint-)
  1. The film was disappointing.
  2. We were disappointed with the film.
2. Diana teaches young children. It’s a very hard job but she enjoys it. (exhaust-)
  1. She enjoys her job but it’s often exhausting.
  2. At the end of a day’s work, she is often exhausted.
3. It’s been raining all day. I hate this weather. (depress-)
  1. This weather is depressing.
  2. The weather makes me depressed.
  3. It’s silly to get depressed because of the weather.
4. Clare is going to the United States next month. She has never been there before. (excite-)
  1. It will be an exciting experience for her.
  2. Going to new places is always exciting.
  3. She is really excited about going to the United States.

97.2
1. I was disappointed with the film. I had expected it to be better.
2. Are you interested in football?
3. The football match was quite exciting. I enjoyed it.
4. It’s sometimes embarrassing when you have to ask people for money.
5. Do you easily get embarrassed?
6. I had never expected to get the job. I was really amazed when I was offered it.
7. She has really learnt very fast. She has made astonishing progress.
8. I didn’t find the situation funny. I was not amused.
9. It was a really terrifying experience. Afterwards everybody was very shocked.
10. Why do you always look so bored? Is your life really so boring?
11. He’s one of the most boring people I’ve ever met. He never stops talking and he never says anything interesting.

97.3
1. He works very hard. It’s not surprising that he’s always tired.
2. I’ve got nothing to do. I’m bored.
3. The teacher’s explanation was confusing. Most of the students didn’t understand it.
4. The kitchen hasn’t been cleaned for ages. It was really disgusting.
5. I seldom visit art galleries. I’m not particularly interested.
6. There is no need to get annoyed just because I’m a few minutes late.
7. The lecture was boring. I fell asleep.
8. I asked Emily if she wanted to come out with us but she wasn’t interested.
9. I’ve been working very hard all day and now I’m exhausted.
10. I’m starting a new job next week. I’m quite excited.
11. tom is very good at telling funny stories. He can be very amusing.
12. Liz is a very interesting person. She knows a lot, she’s travelled a lot and she’s done lots of different things.



  
Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation
One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."
Next English Speaking batch commences on  
December 1, 2015 to December 20, 2015
for 20 days x 1.5 hours per day including Sundays
from 7.00 pm to 8.30 pm
All course materials will be provided
Students, professionals and individuals who want to improve their English Language skills can join
The course will be held at Don Bosco School, Borivali (W), Mumbai

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment