Monday 2 November 2015

Relative clauses (3) - whose / whom / where

Unit 93 - I E G - Relative clauses (3) -  whose / whom / where

93.1
1. My mother writes detective stories.
I met somebody whose mother writes detective stories.
2. My wife is an English teacher.
I met a man whose wife is an English Teacher.
3. I own a restaurant.
I met a woman who owns a restaurant.
4. My ambition is to climb Everest.
I met somebody whose ambition is to climb Everest.
5. We’ve just got married.
I met a couple who have just got married.
6. My parents used to work in a circus.
I met somebody whose parents used to work in a circus.

93.2
1. I recently went back to the town where I was born.
2. Do you know a restaurant where we can have a really good meal.
3. Is there a shop near here where I can buy some postcards.
4. I can’t remember the name of the garage where we had our car repaired.
5. Do you know the name of the hotel where John is staying.
6. Ann bought a dress which didn’t fit her, so she took it back to the shop where she bought it.

93.3
1. What’s the name of the man whose car you borrowed?
2. A cemetery is a place where people are buried.
3. A pacifist is a person who believes that all wars are wrong.
4. An orphan is a child whose parents are dead.
5. The place where we spent our holidays was really beautiful.
6. This school is only for children whose first language is not English.
7. I don’t know the name of the woman to whom I spoke on the phone.

93.4
1. I’ll always remember the day I first met you.
2. I’ll never forget the time we went to see a late night film.
3. The reason we got late was that I didn’t know your address.
4. Unfortunately I wasn’t at home the evening your parents came to visit.
5. The reason for not buying a new car is that they didn’t need one.
6. 1989 was the year they got married.
 


 
 

 
 
 
Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation

One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."


Next English Speaking batch commences on  
December 1, 2015 to December 20, 2015
for 20 days x 1.5 hours per day including Sundays
from 7.00 pm to 8.30 pm
All course materials will be provided
Students, professionals and individuals who want to improve their English Language skills can join
The course will be held at Don Bosco School, Borivali (W), Mumbai

 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment