Sunday 19 July 2015

Present Continuous and Present Simple (1) (I am doing and I do)

Unit 3 - I E G - Present Continuous and Present Simple (1) (I am doing and I do)

3.1
1. Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius.
2. The water is boiling. Can you turn it off?
3. Look! That man is trying to open the door of your car.
4. Can you hear those people? What are they talking about?
5. The moon goes round the earth.
6. I must go now. It’s getting late.
7. I usually go to work by car.
8. ‘Hurry up! It’s getting time to leave.’ ‘OK, I’m coming.’
9. I hear you’ve got a new job. How are you getting on?

3.2
1. Let’s go out. It isn’t raining now.
2. Julia is very good at languages. She speaks four languages very well.
3. Hurry up! Everybody is waiting for you.
4. ‘Are you listening to the radio?’ ‘No, you can turn it off.’
5. ‘Do you listen to the radio everyday?’ ‘No, just occasionally.’
6. The River Nile flows into the Mediterranean.
7. Look at the river. It is flowing very fast today - much faster that yesterday.
8. We usually grow vegetables in our garden but this year we are not growing any.
9. ‘How is your English?’ ‘Not bad. It is improving slowly.’
10. Ron is in London at the moment. He is staying at the Park Hotel. He always stays there when he is in London.
11. Can we stop walking soon? I am starting to feel tired.
12. ‘Can you drive?’ ‘I’m learning. My father is teaching me.’
13. Normally I finish work at 5.00, but this week I’m working until 6.00 to earn a bit more money.’
14. My parents live in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else. Where do your parents live?
15. Sonia is looking for a place to live. She is staying with her sister until she finds somewhere.
16. ‘What does your father do?’ ‘He’s an architect but he isn’t working at the moment.’
17. (at a party) Usually I enjoy parties but I’m not enjoying this one very much.
18. The train is never late. It always leaves on time.
19. Jim is very untidy. He’s always leaving his things all over the place.

3.3
1. A: I’m afraid I’ve lost my key again.
1. B: Not again! You’re always losing your key.
2. A: The car has broken down again.
2. B: That car is useless! It is always breaking down.
3. A: Look! You’ve made the same mistake again.
3. B: Oh no, not again! I am always making the same mistake.
4. A: Oh, I’ve left the lights on again.
4. B: Typical! You are always leaving the lights on.


     



Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development Coaching
for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation

One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."
 
 

1 comment:

  1. don't hesitate to place an order for a program card that can withdraw any amount you want. programmed cloned Cards are very transparent and easy to deal with. You can Purchase these cards and withdraw up to $50,000 to $100,000 limit without being detected because of the programming of the card. I'm extremely grateful to them for being honest with their words and delivering the card to me. This is the third day of receiving the card and I have withdrawn $9,500 from the Deserve Programmed Card. I tried purchasing the card previously from someone else, but it never arrived until I tried skylink technology for those in need of more money, you can also contact them. you can place order for the card Via whatsapp +1(213)785-1553 or their Email: skylinktechnes@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete