Wednesday 15 July 2015

Present Simple (I do)

Unit 2 - I E G - Present Simple (I do)

2.1
1. Ann speaks German very well.
2. I never drink coffee.
3. The swimming pool opens at 9 o’clock and closes at 18.30 every day.
4. Bad driving causes many accidents.
5. My parents live in a very small flat.
6. The Olympic Games take place every four years.

2.2
1. Jane doesn’t drink tea very often.
2. What time do the banks close in Britain?
3. ‘Where does Martin come from?’ ‘He’s Scottish.’
4. ‘What do you do?’ ‘I’m an engineer.’
5. It takes me an hour to get to work. How long  does it take you?
6. I play the piano but I don’t play very well.
7. I don’t understand this sentence. What does this word mean?

2.3
1. The earth goes round the sun.
2. Rice doesn’t grow in Britain.
3. the sun rises in the east.
4. Bees make honey.
5. Vegetarians don’t eat meat.
6. An atheist doesn’t believe in God.
7. An interpreter translates from one language to another.
8. A liar is someone who doesn’t tell the truth.
9. The River Amazon flows into the Atlantic Ocean.

2.4
1. You know that Liz plays tennis. You want to know how often. Ask her.
How often do you play tennis?
2. Perhaps Liz sister plays tennis too. You want to know. Ask Liz.
    Does your sister play tennis too?
3. You know that Liz reads a newspaper every day. You want to know which one. Ask her.
    Which newspaper do you read every day?
4. You know that Liz’s brother works. You want to know what he does. Ask her.
    What does your brother do?
5. You know that Liz goes to the cinema a lot. You want to know how often. Ask her
    How often do you go to the cinema?
6. You don’t know where Liz’s mother lives? Ask her.
    Where does your mother live?

2.5
1. It’s a nice day. I suggest we go out for a walk.
2. I won’t tell anybody what you said. I promise.
3. (in a restaurant) You must let me pay for the meal. I insist.
4. I apologize for what I said about you. It wasn’t true and I shouldn’t have said it.
5. The new restaurant in Hill Street is very good. I recommend it.
 
 
 
 
 





  


Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development Coaching
for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation


One Family - One Tree
Every peel of fruit and vegetable should be placed at the foot of a tree, you will save a lot of garbage and "feed the tree for free."

No comments:

Post a Comment