Monday 18 January 2016

Even

Unit 111 - I E G - Even

111.1
1. They stayed at a hotel. Everybody liked it, even Linda.
2. They arranged to meet. They all arrived on time, even Angela.
3. They went to an art gallery. Nobody enjoyed it, not even Sharon.
4. Yesterday they had to get up early. They all managed to do this, even Angela.
5. They were together yesterday. They were all in a good mood, even Linda.
6. None of them took any photographs, not even Angela.

111.2
1. She has been all over the world. She has even been to the Antarctic.
2. She has to work everyday. She has to even work on Sundays.
3. They painted the whole room. They even painted the floor.
4. You could hear the noise from a long way.
You could even hear the noise from the next street.
5. They have the windows open all the time.
They even have the windows open when it’s freezing.
6. They didn’t say anything to us. They didn’t even say hello.
7. I can’t remember anything about her. I can’t even remember her name.
8. There isn’t anything to do in this town. There isn’t a cinema even in this town.
9. He didn’t tell anyone where he was going.
He didn’t even tell his wife where he was going.

111.3
1. It was very hot yesterday but today it’s  even hotter.
2. The church is 500 years old but the house next to it is even older.
3. That’s a very good idea but I’ve got an even better one.
4. The first question was very difficult to answer. The second one was even more difficult.
5. I did very badly in the examination but most of my friends did even worse.
6. Neither of us was hungry. I ate very little and my friends ate even less.

111.4
1. Even though she can drive, she has bought a car.
2. The bus leaves in five minutes but we can still catch it if we run.
3. The bus leaves in two minutes. We won’t catch it now even if we run.
4. His Spanish isn’t very good - even after three years in Spain.
5. His Spanish isn’t very good even though he’s lived in Spain for three years.
6. Even with the heating on, it was very cold in the house.
7. Even though I was very tired, I couldn’t sleep.
8. I won’t forgive them for what they said, even if they apologize.
9. Even though I hadn’t eaten anything for 25 hours, I wasn’t hungry.
 



   
Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development Coaching for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment