Saturday 16 January 2016

Still, yet and already Any more / any longer / no longer

Unit 110 - I E G - Still, yet and already    Any more / any longer / no longer

110.1
1. He still travels a lot.
2. He doesn’t work in a shop any more.
3. He doesn’t write poems any more.
4. He still wants to be a teacher.
5. He is still interested in politics any more.
6. He is still single.
7. He no longer goes fishing.
8. He no longer has a beard.

110.2
1. It’s still raining. It hasn’t stopped raining yet.
2. George is still here. He hasn’t gone yet.
3. They’re still having their dinner. They haven’t finished their dinner yet.
4. The children are still asleep. The children haven’t woken up yet.
5. Ann is still looking for a job. She hasn’t found a job yet.
6. I’m still wondering what to do. I haven’t decided what to do yet.
7. The plane is still waiting on the runway. The plane hasn’t taken off yet.

110.3
1. Jack lost his job a year ago and he is still unemployed.
2. Do you want me to tell Liz the news or does she already know.
3. I’m hungry. Is dinner ready yet?
4. I was hungry earlier but I’m not hungry any more.
5. Can we wait a few minutes. I don’t want to go out yet.
6. Jill used to work at the airport but she doesn’t work there any more.
7. I used to live in Amsterdam. I still have a lot of friends there.
8. ‘Shall I introduce you to Jim?’ ‘There’s no need. We’ve already met.
9. Do you still live in the same house or have you moved?
10. Would you like to eat with us or have you already eaten?
11. ‘Where’s John?’ ‘He isn’t here yet. He’ll be here soon.
12. Tim said he would be here at 8.30. It’s 9 o’clock now and he still isn’t here.
13. Do you want to join the club or are you already a member?
14. It happened a long time ago but I can still remember it very clearly.
15. I’ve put on weight. These trousers don’t fit me any more.
16. ‘Have you finished with the paper yet?’ ‘No, I’m still reading it.’




 


Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development Coaching for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment