Friday 15 January 2016

Word order (2) - adverbs with the verb

Unit 109 - I E G - Word order (2) - adverbs with the verb

109.1
1. Tom always goes to work by car.
2. I cleaned the house and also cooked the dinner.
3. I usually have a shower when I get up.
4. We soon found the solution to the problem.
5. Steve hardly ever gets angry.
6. I did some shopping and I also went to the bank.
7. Jane always has to hurry in the morning because she gets up so late.
8. We all were tired so we all fell asleep.
9. She always says she’ll phone me but she never does.

109.2
1. Ann doesn’t often drink tea.
2. We were all on holiday.
3. We were all staying at the same hotel.
4. We all enjoyed ourselves.
5. Catherine is always very generous.
6. I don’t usually have to work on Saturdays.
7. Do you always watch television in the evenings?
8. Martin is learning French. He is also learning Italian.
9. That hotel is probably very expensive.
10. It probably costs a lot to stay there.
11. I can probably help you.
12. I probably can’t help you.

109.3
1. I can never remember her name.
2. I usually take sugar in my coffee.
3. I am usually hungry when I get home from work.
4. ‘Where’s Jim?’ ‘He has probably gone home early.’
5. Mark and Diana were both born in Manchester.
6. Liz is a good pianist. She can also sing very well.
7. Our car often breaks down.
8. They live in the same street as me but I have never spoken to them.
9. We always have to wait a long time for the bus.
10. My sight isn’t very good. I can read only with glasses.
11. I will probably be leaving early tomorrow.
12. I’m afraid I probably won’t be able to come to the party.
13. It’s difficult to contact Sue. She is hardly ever at home when I phone her.
14. We are still living in the same place. We haven’t moved.
15. If we hadn’t taken the same train, we would have never met each other.
16. ‘Are you tired?’ ‘Yes, I am always at this time of the day.’



 

Spoken English (Grammar) and Personality Development Coaching for students, professionals, institutions and corporate
Email: bryan27662@gmail.com
Phones: 77100 27 6 62 / 92232 03441
Twitter: bryan27662
+Brian
Founder and Chief English EducatorThe Common Sense School
Trustee – Serenity Foundation
 

No comments:

Post a Comment